Your kitchen is the hardest working area of your home but also the best. Though the rest of your home offers more luxury and comfort, family members tend to congregate more in the kitchen. Thus, it makes sense to invest money on having kitchen renovation. It can increase the value of your home and can make your kitchen more fun and efficient. However, most people are not comfortable in get on with it because they constantly hear horror stories of kitchen remodeling works that went wrong. Here are some common mistakes that you can avoid for a successful kitchen renovation.
– Most people ignore to include storage features like drawer dividers, pantry pull-outs, lazy Susan and other small add-ons. But they fail to recognize the fact that these solutions can effectively improve the storage efficiency of your kitchen. Also, if you leave these things to be added later on, it could cost you more.
– The busiest appliances of your kitchen such as the stove sink and refrigerator must be given higher consideration. In interior design, the link between these three is referred “Work triangle” as your workflow greatly depends on their location. Make sure that they are placed in relevant locations that fit with each other.
– Lack of the required counter top can be devastating. In Western Sydney, Kitchen renovation contractors would urge you not to compromise on the space of the counter top. The counter tops must be both decorative and functional. The counter top space can vary depending on your kitchen size and budget. Before coming to a decision, think about how much counter top space you use right now and plan for your future requirement.
– Even if you would like to design your prospective kitchen on your own, it is always recommended to have a consultation with a kitchen design expert. They can rectify any flaws in the design and provide tips and advice. Remember, once the work has begun, changing anything would be very expensive.
– Kitchen renovations are usually accompanied by brand-new appliances. But some people make mistake by choosing the appliances at last. After the completion of the construction, it is really hard to fit your exquisite appliances in the available space. But it is really easy to adjust the cabinets and counter tops according to the need of the appliances.
– A good ventilation system is really necessary for a kitchen. It not only improves the quality of the indoor air but also keeps your kitchen cleaner. Also, the lifespan of your appliances would increase with proper ventilation.
Above all, choose your contractor wisely. Ensure that they are well-experienced, and have positive referrals and valid liability insurance
The author works as a building designer for a reputed construction company. He has more than 7 years of experience in this field and has written many blogs on interior designing and kitchen renovation in Western Sydney. To know more, visit http://www.carlskitchens.com.au