Intermec CK71 is a hand held mobile computer which has been designed to work in harsh environments of warehouse and distribution environments for the perfect balance of ruggedness and duty cycle along with next generation features that focus on enabling flexibility and agility, even in the most extreme conditions.
Intermec CK71 is unique in its class due to the following features that it possesses:
- 31 percent reduced in size and weight in comparison to leading devices in these tough class devices. The dimensions of CK71 are 3.16 x 9.33 x 2.0 inches and the weight is about 20 ounces and depending upon the number of keys the weight can vary.
- The keys specification can either be59-key alphanumeric keypad with small, alpha keys, a separate numeric keypad and function keys same as its previous model or equipped with a special 43-key keypad with a large numeric keypad and 12 function keys that can be programmed for rapid access to frequently used operations.
- Delivers fastest and farthest imaging in the industry terms of superior motion tolerance and range to read barcode.
- Equipped with exceptional peripheral support. In addition to that it allows to quick-change snap-on accessories to provide adaptability for every distribution environment.
- The advanced power and battery management enable the device runtime to be longer and thereby reduces expense of replacement batteries.
- Dual band 802.11n radio for pervasive wireless coverage.
- Intermec CK71 is fully compatible with printers, application software, communications, and a complete set of peripherals and accessories enabling a comprehensive enterprise business solution.
- In order to scan images, Intermec CK71 uses the EA30 high-performance motion-tolerant 2D Imager that uses white LED illumination, a red laser aimer optimized for all lighting conditions, a 35 degree downward scan angle, and is capable of scanning all common 1D and 2D barcodes. Not only the LED but CK71 is also available with the EV12 1D imager that provides laser-like imaging with standard range, and the EX25 Near/Far 2D imager with an extended scanning range of about half a foot to 50 feet.
- Intermec CK71 also has an integrated 5 megapixel auto focus camera with flash. When used in accompaniment of Intermec’s eMDI software, the camera can capture standard paper documents and convert them into electronic files. Additionally it also has an embedded accelerometer used for screen rotation.
But judging it as a product by its specifications, it seems to supersede the other models which have more or less the same features. The older models have older processors and operating platforms and are a bit less rugged. However, each of the older models may suffice some of the requirements but it is clear that Intermec CK71 has come up with a new technology refresh in the world of handheld terminal. It is a device where robust programmable keypad input matters more than smartphone-style interface technologies. With its innovative style and immense attention to detail, Intermec is ruling the charts and the competition is yet clueless about its next step to thwart the manufacturing giant.
Consistent service and repair solutions of Intermec CK71 further distinguish us as a leader in the automated data collection industry. Liberty Systems provide comprehensive solutions and service for products from Zebra, Symbol, Printronix, Honeywell and more.