What is the first thing your prospective customer sees when they head towards your business? Yes, you guessed right. Your business signage! A well-crafted business sign tells your customer who you are and creates an everlasting and all-important first impression that never fades. Obviously, there are many business owners who are unaware of the earning potential of signage and the other mere benefits it offer.
Attracting new customers is a must for any business to grow and flourish. According to the U.S. Census Bureau, 85% of your customers live or work within a five-mile radius of your business. But, 18.6% of the population relocates annually. This means, you must replace the old, existing customers with new potential leads annually to improve your profitability.
In order to make your business rank first in your customers ‘top-of-mind awareness’, installing an appealing signage which conveys the right image of your concern is inevitable. So, we’ve compiled a list of proven tips to create a memorable signage that imprints the mind of your customers.
– Make your signage simple, precise and to the point. Customers are in a hurry and they don’t have time to stand and stare at your signage. So, try to create a compelling signage that captures your customer’s attention and makes a clear statement of your business within 8 seconds.
– Ensure that the font you choose are easy to read. Choose clear font characters without curly-cues and multiple colors to make it easier for the customer to gravitate your message.
– Use bold and contrasting colors to make customers sit up and notice and never be bothered bout being colorful.
– Don’t clutter signage by featuring unnecessary information or words that confuse customer mind. Rather rely only on the following details,
– A convincing image
– Company name
– Company logo
– Contact information and
– A catchy tagline for your business
– Place the signage carefully where it reaches your audience. Prefer low signs for people driving around town and a tall sign on the freeway.
– Make your signage stand out of the crowd by adding graphics, or try something new like 3D, monument signs and more.
Common Mistakes to Avoid
– Don’t match letters to their background.
– Displaying a worn, faded and generally tired signage.
– Filling in too much information on a single sign.
– An unattractive and poor design.
– Lack of clear branding.
– Misspelled words.
Be mindful of these common mistakes and make a business signage that creates a positive impression of your business to the public.
The author is working in a signage company who specializes in creating attractive business signs for businesses. He writes well-informative articles and blogs on business signage in various online publications. Visit http://forerunnersigns.com