“Weddings Are Not About Spending The Least Amount of Money or the Most Amount of Money; They Are About Spending Good Money on the Elements That Are Most Important To You and Your Partner”
Just engaged? Starting to envision your wedding? Planning a wedding is one of the most stressful and exciting times of our life. Wondering about all the things you’ll need to do and when? The below mentioned checklist is crafted by an experienced event planners in Ireland to make you aware to make your event planning process easier and stress-free.
12+ Months Before
– Envision your wedding and draw up a budget.
– Consider hiring a wedding consultant.
– Pick a wedding date and time. Then check with your wedding venues, important guests before finalising.
– Start planning the guest list.
8-10 Months Before
– Bride: Shop around and order your gown
– Envision reception dishes
– Decide what type of entertainment you want; whether a pianist for the cocktail hour, strolling violinists, a DJ or band
– Think about your floral décor
– Research and book your wedding professionals. Before booking, make sure to interview vendors: photographer, videographer, reception band or DJ, and florist.
– Contact rental companies if you need to rent anything for the ceremony or reception, such as chairs, tables and a tent.
6-8 Months Before
– Order bridesmaid gowns
– Start planning honeymoon! Make sure to discuss with your partner before making an informed decision
4-6 Months Before
– Attend pre-wedding counselling if required
– Shop for and order invitations and wedding rings
– Shop for formalwear
– Renew or get passport, if necessary
3 Months Before
– Order wedding cake
– Hire wedding day transport: limousines, other cars. Look into transportation sooner if you’re considering renting streetcars or over-the-top travel.
2 Months Before
– Mail your invitations.
– Write your vows.
– Purchase gifts for parents, attendants and each other.
– Book your stylist and try out wedding day hairstyles.
– Book a makeup artist and go for a trial run.
1 Month Before
– Call all bridesmaids. Make sure they have their gowns ready for the wedding.
– Make last-minute adjustments with vendors.
– Create a wedding program to hand out to guests.
– Have final gown fitting
– Apply for marriage license with the local bureau in the town where you’ll wed.
2 Weeks Before
– Review final RSVP list and call any guests who have not yet sent a response.
– Deliver final song list to your DJ or bandleader. Include special song requests and songs you don’t want played.
– Get your last pre-wedding haircut and colour.
1 Week Before
– Give the caterer final guest head count. And ask how many extra plates the caterer will prepare.
– Plan reception seating chart
– Groom: Get your hair trimmed
– Attend bachelor/ette parties
2-3 Days Before
– Bride: If you need to, have your gown pressed or steamed.
– Groom: Go for final fitting and pick up your formalwear.
– Reconfirm final details with all vendors. Discuss any necessary last-minute substitutions
– Call the limousine or car rental company for pickup times and locations.
– Arrange for guests without cars to be picked up from the airport or train station. Ask friends, attendants or relatives to help.
– Give your marriage license
– Present attendants with gifts at the rehearsal dinner. You’ll want to do this especially if the gifts are accessories to be worn during the wedding.
Hope, this interactive wedding planning checklist will help you accomplish all the things you need to before your wedding day (and after!). Get ready to start your wedding preparation today, contact Event Planners in Ireland!
The Author is an experienced event planner in Ireland. He has years of experience and expertise in planning and organising 100+ weddings and corporate events. For more details, visit http://www.fabweddings.ie or Follow Us at https://plus.google.com/114455908097635845051/about. Location: G8 Riverview Business Park, Nangor Road, Dublin 12 – D12 DH05