Tired of making your invoices in Microsoft Excel or Word? Searching for a simpler way to invoice? Why not investigate a web-based solution or system that is going to help you to make and send quotations and invoices? So let’s get your business invoicing out of the past and shed some modern light on it!
We all know that making invoices and quotations manually can be very time consuming and also technically challenging. Do any of the following manual invoicing related bugs sound familiar to you?
– Mistakes can be made: Manual invoicing leaves your quotes and invoices open to errors. Skipping an invoice number or duplication an invoice can be detrimental to your SME’s accounting.
– Mistakes happen easily: An accounting nightmare, duplicated invoices and skipped or lost invoice numbers! This can very easily happen when invoicing by hand, most of the time leading to hours of work trying to resolve the error.
– Duplication: Having to re-enter or copy/paste line item text and service descriptions each time you fill out a quote or invoice is also an un-necessary duplication resulting in wasted time. Leaving your invoices subject to spelling mistakes and incorrect or mismatched product descriptions.
– Manual sending: Invoices created in Excel or Word need to be manually sent to your customer either via email or postal mail. Sending via email mostly means storing the quote or invoice a PDF and manually attaching each quote or invoice individually to an email and physically sending it off to your customer. This can result in mismatched email recipients and attachments or clients not receiving invoices as the attachment size results in emails to be delivered to the customers spam box.
– Saving your work: Hands on billing through Excel or Word most of the time means that you save all your invoices in one place on one computer. This can be a problem as you can only look at your invoices from that one PC, so you cannot deal with billing support when outside of the office. This gives a major blow to productivity.
– Data security and backups: Storing all your invoices and quotations on one computer also means that data is only as safe as the software you have in place to protect it. This many times leaves sensitive billing data available to the prying eyes of unauthorized users. Most small business owners do haphazardly backup this data on external storage devices, but this kind of backup requires to be done very frequently, else you risk losing all your data if your PC crashes or gets stolen.
You may think that what I have stated above does not happen in this day and age. Why would any sane business owner still want to do their business billing in this way? But surprisingly, if not astonishingly most of the examples and problems I elaborated on above are faced by many small business owners and freelancers in this day and age. So how do we eradicate this invoicing problem of the past? By moving into the future – 1 automatically generated, safe, completely backed-up invoice and quote at a time.
The answer: A web-based billing system
Discovering a system to assist you create quotations and invoices on the web is an easy task. If you do a bit of investigating it is rather simple to find a good quality, professional service that is not going to cost you an arm and a leg.
Benefits of online invoicing:
– Online invoicing means saved time and money in the bank account. By using an online invoicing solution as opposed to using Excel or Word you can save a minimum of 10 hours a week on your regular business invoicing.
– In built preventative measures mean that online billing software won’t let you to duplicate or skip an invoice number. Staff actions can be tracked and any human error fixed or eliminated. Good news if your new assistant has ever accidentally saved over your entire database of saved billing information.
– Web-based billing services usually automate everything for you. Because most web-based invoicing systems use standardized templates and line items all you need to do is enter them once and you never have to re-do them again.
– Online invoicing prevents the need for your businesses employees to manually post invoices to clients via email. A quality system will let you to schedule invoice times and then do all the work on your behalf. Making the invoice, changing it to PDF and then mailing an HTML invoice with PDF attachment to your client.
– Are you on the go? Always out of the office seeing customers or meeting suppliers? An online invoicing software solution stores all your billing information online. This means you can access it anytime, anywhere, from any web enabled device. Truly mobile billing.
– Get the benefit of big business security without having to support the cost of the enterprise infrastructure. All quality web-based invoicing solutions have tough privacy policies in place and the majority of them schedule frequent backups on your data on your behalf. So next time your laptop gets stolen or your office computer crashes you won’t lose even a stitch of customer data. Handy hey?
Now is the time to start doing something! Get billing now. It is straightforward. Anyone can do it. Get online and start searching for an online invoicing or billing systems that going to get you billing the modern way.
Before you decide on an online billing system, make sure you check Susan Bapsnill’ recommended billing software and subscription billing software solutions.