Any wedding is incomplete without flowers. In fact, the right choice of flowers and floral arrangements can make your wedding memorable. When you are looking for the right bouquet, it should reflect the bride’s taste and personality. The flowers must develop a theme that makes her wedding special. Jump right in and check out these tips from expert florists to choose the best flowers for a bridal bouquet:
1. Creating a Statement: Decide if you want the bridal bouquet to match with the theme of your wedding party or to define a unique style statement while also reflecting the bride’s personality. This will give you a head start.
2. Size of the Bouquet: Now choose the right size of bridal bouquet to complement your dress. A small bouquet is ideal if you want to show off the front of your dress. Or, a bouquet with cascading flowers if the dress is simple.
3. Get the Help of a Florist: What better than getting the assistance of an experienced professional such as a florist? A florist will show you different varieties of flowers, & how mixing them will create a stunning bouquet. You both can work together to discuss the options and create a beautiful bouquet.
4. Understand the Meaning of Different Flowers: All flowers in existence have hidden meanings and symbolism that you could research and understand. For instance, roses represent love, whereas Hydrangea symbolise understanding.
5. Arrangement of Bouquet: Choose the flowers depending on how you are arranging your bouquet. If you are placing the flowers through a holder, you are free to choose any flower you want. If you are tying them together with a string or ribbon, look for flowers that have long and strong stems.
If you still have no idea where to start, visit a flower shop. A professional florist will guide you and help you make the right choice. Good luck!
The author is a passionate florist who often writes about flowers and floral arrangements on various publications. He is working in a leading London Ontario flower shop. For more details, visit http://mclennanflowers.com/