Joomla 3.0 has taken the whole CMS world to an entirely new level, be it mobile integration or user friendliness. It just has all the features that developers would love to work on and deliver stunning applications that end user would be amazed to use. Being a Joomla enthusiast I love to keep myself abreast of all new happenings in Joomla world. Given below are some of the details of the Joomla 3.0 release that I have taken from the Joomla.org website – hope this is useful to you. Joomla 3.0 is Mobile Ready: Joomla takes a big leap into the mobile space with a total overhaul of both its frontend design and administrator interface. With the adoption of the Bootstrap framework, Joomla has become the first major CMS to be mobile ready in both the visitors and administrator areas. Now every website can have mobile friendly content for visitors and mobile friendly tools for administrators.
– Fully Responsive Site Template – Fully Responsive Admin UI – Fully Responsive Core Output
User Friendly Joomla administration has a brand new look and feel, built with the power of Bootstrap responsive framework, along with a touch of the awesome UI/UX work of the Joomla JUX team. Joomla comes ready to go and fully responsive for mobile devices, tablets, and normal computer screens. The entire backend of Joomla and Joomla template editing has a brand new look and feel that will improve the workflow with any type of device.
– New user friendly interface – Streamlined 30 sec install – Refined Admin User experience
Developer Tools Less time for coding and building interfaces with Joomla 3. The Joomla User Interface (JUI) library gives a standardized backend & frontend interface. LESS CSS and jQuery means developer can write less code and the Icomoon font icon library provides a wealth of retina-optimized icons.
Building a component with zero CSS Styling a site with 1 CSS file Icomoon font icon jQuery and Mootools
Joomla 3.0 is a whole new exciting world. It has new look and feel and a host of features that bring Joomla to the forefront of the content management system world.
- Extensive work on code style standardization and consistency
- Incorporation of Bootstrap into a jui media package.
- A new responsive administrator template Isis and interface.
- A new frontend template Protostar built using Bootstrap and updated accessible template called Beez3
- PostgreSQL Driver. You will be able to run Joomla 3.0 sites using the PostgreSQL database.
- PHP Memcached Driver
- Use of JFeed for feed management rather than SimplePie
- Installation of language packages directly from the extension manager
- Guest user group present by default
- Saving blank articles allowed
- New administrator statistics module
- Update TinyMCE to version 3.5.6
- Continued clean up of older unused code, files and database fields and tables and improved standardization of tables.
- Improvements to Smart Search
- Unit testing in the CMS
- Updated system tests in the CMS