There’s a big difference between flashy and quality Las Vegas web design. Having flashy logos, graphics and pop-ups on the site doesn’t constitute quality website design. Below are a few things a skilled website designer must learn to avoid when creating functional and quality web pages.
- Poorly structured pages: Effective web design should give every user a great experience. As a designer, you must build a site that is properly structured. You must perfect on the basis like making sure all the boxes and grids are lining up perfectly. This kind of attention to detail will create a site that is fully functional and presentable.
- Irrelevant Ads: It’s ok if the site or blog’s purpose is mainly to generate income but do not make it so obvious by stuffing the web pages with irrelevant ads. Excessive advertisements can make visitors to click away and never come back. Try blending the advertisements with the content so that it doesn’t look so obvious that you are trying too hard to sell stuff.
- Wrong color scheme: Colors affect the website visitors’ emotional response and that’s why your choice of color scheme is important in Las Vegas web design. Take time and study the different color schemes and how they affect your choice of web design. Understand the needs of the industry you are dealing with and create a design that will be enticing to the target clients.
- Keyword stuffing: Keyword stuffing is one of the major mistakes a web designer can ever make. Stuffing your pages with keywords can make the site suffer a Google penalty and experience lower rankings. You don’t need to stuff the title tags and description tags with keywords. Write the description for the reader and make sure the title is relevant to the content. The content should flow naturally and keywords should only be placed where they fit.
- Poor navigation: One of the biggest mistakes you can ever make in Las Vegas web design is to create web pages with a complex navigation system. If it’s hard for a user to figure out how to move from one page to the next then your website design has a problem. Make sure your website has a search box as it makes it easy for users to find items that are do not have links on the home page.
- Excessive use of images: There are two main problems of replacing textual content with images. For a start, the text blocks are more search engine friendly compared to images and secondly, many images on the site will slow down the site loading times. To keep your site properly optimized and the page speed optimal, use images only when it’s necessary.
JAMES KERR, Founder and Chief Geek of SuperGeeks. Mr. Kerr’s tech tips help businesses improve efficiencies and boost sales. Learn how your company can leverage search engine marketing. Visit at SuperGeeks .