Google will continue to penalize sites that utilize poor SEO practices in order to boost their rankings. Updates like the Google Penguin and Panda algorithms made webmasters to learn more about what search engine tactics to avoid. To stay on the safe side, make sure you avoid the following mistakes when implementing SEO Las Vegas.
- Keyword stuffing: Over use of keywords on the website copy will not only affect your rankings but also lower the site’s readability. If the website copy is stuffed with keywords as an attempt to try and manipulate Google then the site rankings may actually be negatively affected. Understand the keyword placement and density rules before implementing SEO Las Vegas.
- Duplicate content: Creating unique and compelling content is one of the things that can add value and authority to your site. It may take time to create fresh content but it is worthwhile. Great content will attract unique visits to your site and a loyal following on the web. The worst thing about duplicate content is that it can affect the rankings in a major way. Google can even decide to de-index the whole website and you’ll have to start from scratch.
- Duplicate Meta tags and Meta descriptions: The Meta descriptions and tags should be very unique. Duplicating these tags and descriptions may also attract a Google penalty. Every page has unique content and the description should say what this content is about. Unique Meta tags allow search engine crawlers to index the site properly. The right descriptions make the content click-worthy.
- Links from poor sources: Every link to your site is considered a vote of confidence to your site. If you are getting links from poor sources like directories then this will affect your rankings. Make sure the links on your site are coming from credible sources. Focus on quality links instead of volumes or poor quality links.
- Use of Meta keyword tags: Meta keyword tags are no longer relevant and anyone who understands SEO Las Vegas knows that they shouldn’t be used. These Meta keywords are no longer a ranking factor used by any popular search engine. These keywords have a very negligible effect on SEO.
- Irrelevant anchor texts: Another thing you must avoid in SEO Las Vegas is using anchor texts which are irrelevant to the page where the link is directing the user to. If you include keywords in anchor texts in a very spammy manner, Google will penalize you for this. Search engines use these anchor texts to understand the content of the link so it must not be misleading. Use all the right keywords as anchor texts only where they are relevant so that the content is readable.
JAMES KERR, Founder and Chief Geek of SuperGeeks. Mr. Kerr’s tech tips help businesses improve efficiencies and boost sales. Learn how your company can leverage search engine marketing. Visit at SuperGeeks .